Did my WH turn into a buff?!?!?

Congratulations on the "new" duck! Haha.

Always wanted a buff - they look gorgeous. How do they fare with production? I chose WHs because of their egg-laying. I imagine you may have done the same?
This is my first buff, but I've heard wonderful things about them as a dual purpose bird. I absolutely love WHs! I'm hoping the buff will be a great addition to my flock.

So I'm about 99% sure that both are females. I was out feeding everyone last night they were both quacking at me. They are now 7 weeks old. The KC wasn't as vocal in the video, but it has been making the same quacking noise for about a week now.

Sounds promising! So pretty:love
She is turning into such a beautiful duck. She is finally coming out of her shy stage and approaching me now on her own. I believe one of my 4 week old chocolate ancona ducklings is a female as well. It's pretty early, but I am starting to hear a rasp which is sounding like the beginnings of a quack. I only have 1 WH duck and 1 KC drake at the moment that are a year old, so I was hoping for more ducks. As of right now, it looks like 3 more ducks. I also have 2 more 4 week old anconas and a 5 week old WH x KC. I'm hoping that one of my anconas is a drake and that the others are ducks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom