Did someone forget to pay the heat/sun bill for Florida?

WWAAAHHHH!!!! I grew up in FLorida, don't fuss, tomorrow it will be 80 again
lau.gif

Here in Ga it didn't get above freezing all day and with wind chill it was in the single digits. I carried water out to my Chickens and Horses 4 different times today, plus checked for eggs several times so they would freeze. I have been in the house since 6:30 and I am still cold.

What's funny is you see people wearing coats down here. I laugh because they thinks it's freezing if it dips below 70*. I love it when it gets cold I don't like it when it gets above 72* I have no idea why I live in Florida.

Quote:
We tied our record high today, here in western washington. A whopping 63*. Everyone was running around like it was summer. Wait! 63* is summer here.

Imp- Don't ask we're not giving it back.

The last couple of summers here, I dont believe its been any hotter in Florida than anywhere else. In fact, when checking the weather map, its often hotter in other parts of the country than here. We have the advantage here of being relatively close to the coast and always having a breeze. I have some trees planted around the coop to keep it in shade, keep plenty of water, and they did just fine.

The coldest I have ever been was -24 this is not that bad, cold but more like a heat wave for those colder climates other than
Florida..cold for for Florida though..

yes I agree with you it can get hotter other states than in Florida been there just never had chickens in summer and was wondering how they stand it pretty much. My coop is under shade trees too so that will help and I will definitely keep cool water handy altimes possible..

I know last night I peaked out my window middle of night and the chickens were all cuddled under the heat lamps..they know what to do..

Back
Top Bottom