Did we get what we paid for?

Pics
I keep seeing that recipe. I also keep meaning to try it one day, but I never have orange juice.

Wait... The roommate just bought a big bag of cuties yesterday... She's perfectly willing to share her food since I use it to cook things that she is perfectly willing to eat.
You should borrow a couple and try it! 😁🥰

Wait... The roommate just bought a big bag of cuties yesterday... She's perfectly willing to share her food since I use it to cook things that she is perfectly willing to eat.
I’ve seen that recipe before too, isn’t that a LOT of cumin though? I was worried I’d cook it and we would all sit down and take a bite and it would be too much cumin.

I don't really use measuring cups and spoons unless I'm baking, so I always do things to smell or taste. Add a little at a time and if it smells good and balanced (cumin can be a very dominant smell) then you know you've added enough.😋👃

The biggest of the last batch was a huge Italian hen. She was mean and would always pick on others. So off with her head and I really wanted to keep her because of her size.
I hatched a huge Italian too. She is always the hit of the party. The two males in the cage (it was my first batch -- I was dumb) kept jumping on her. If one got a ride, the other one had to prove his point by getting one too, then -- repeat the process again.

I still have her though. She would have been a bully if she wasn't bullied first. Eventually, she hurt herself (twice -- did I mention I'm new?) trying to escape her bird rapists and I moved her to another enclosure where she happily stomps on all the other birds to eat the treats that arrive.

I'm pretty sure she will be part of my "how long can they live in captivity" quail experiment.

Anyhow, where was I going with this story? Ah, yes -- Italians are cool. Get one.

Quill kept on man raping the little boy quails when we introduced them so we're gonna wait til they're older and give him only girls to be with

Back
Top Bottom