Did you get any new books for Christmas?

I got the book: "How to Raise Goats"
I forget who the author is, but I already finished the book.
smile.png

I got The Good Egg and Extra Extraordinary Chickens.
smile.png

Just also bought myself Forgotten Skills of Cooking by Darina Allen, which was introduced to me by a BYCer. Great book with lots of egg and chicken recipes.

I didn't read this whole thread, but I LOVE Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett, also so Augusten Burroughs, Clive Edgerton, Tim Robbins, Hunter S. Thompson, Kurt Vonnegut, J. D. Salinger, Errol Sams, Tim Dorsey,...ok, stop me now before I go through the entire list...

I usually get quite a few good books, but this year it was "The Complete Chicken, an Entertaining History of Chickens" which my loving husband gifted me, and I have to say is the only coffee table book I've ever read cover to cover.

I got a cook book and it is really nice too....I like the recipes in it.

I also got the book Julie and Julia. I am reading The Help right now so then I can watch the movie.
smile.png

I got Out Stealing Horses, not the Kindle or i-anything kind. I have real pages to turn and everything.
smile.png

I am getting a little older and set in my ways. Darn it! I want pages and that book smell. You can keep your new-fangled fancy-smancy no charator kindle things.
I mean, geez, how do you fill up a bookshelf with i-pads and kindles anyway?
tongue.png

lol

Quote:
I agree 100%! I want a book with pages made of paper, that I can read in the bathtub, that I can set on a bookshelf to revisit later...

I have a Kindle app on my iphone but I never use it.

It's just not the same.

I received Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. It is a great book of you like to bake breads. Also Scarecrow Returns by Matthew Reilly (actually got a certificate for it since it did not come out until 1/3/12 even though it was out in Australia). Now I just have to wait for it to get here. Just for info, if you have an Ipad you can download the Kindle app from Amazon to it and get ebooks from them as well as Istore ebooks.
smile.png
I will say some books are fine as ebooks but yes, some have to be paper. I read a lot and between libraries, free ebooks and what I buy both paper, hardcover and ebooks I have not once ran out of reading material yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom