did you know skunk spray is flourescent yellow?

lalaland

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 26, 2008
Pine County MN
Just barely got my electric fence dug out from the snow yesterday so I could leave the chickens out in our first warm spring day. Turned it back on, tested it, works great. Came home well after dark, thought I heard something in the chicken yard when I was locking up the chicken door to the coop, but couldn't see anything. It is a big yard with pines and lots of hiding places.

Middle of the night woke to a horrible skunksmell. This morning, the snow in one corner of the pen was bright, gatorade yellow. I could see where the skunk had tried to get out of the chicken yard, and must have touched the electric wire on the outside - about a 2-3 foot area of the snow was painted yellow, there was a turd, and some tufts of hair where it squeezed through a broken wire.

I checked the fence line and found two places where the skunk had been INSIDE the fence trying to dig out. No sign of where it entered the yard. What worries me is how the heck did it get inside in the first place?

I sure hope it doesn't come back - i can't always get home before dark and I'm sure skunks can walk the ramp up to the chicken coop.

Oh no! I hope you get your skunk problem figured out soon. There's nothing worse than skunk spray! I'm just glad you had your girls locked up for the night already.

Yep, I knew that. Had an ex shoot one that was skulking around the barn. Spray landed on the barn so that it looked like someone had sprayed graffiti...
gig.gif
Then the smell hit...
sickbyc.gif

If you think the spray is bad, just try watching something die of rabies, which most skunks carry.

Back
Top Bottom