Didn't go as planned...

ScootalooDash

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
Le Sueur, Minnesota
So you may have seen my previous post about fixing up a building that was already on our property. If not here it is :
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/864678/started-tear-down-and-replacing-the-roof

Well we got through a big chunk of it and noticed that it was pretty much to far gone, with rotted wood and flooring. Good thing I had a backup plan!! We work at a plant that has untreated food grade pallets that our stuff comes on for making things like bags for chips, anyway the pallets they come on are the oversized 48x48 and we can't reuse them to send any of our "completed" product out, so rather than my boss throwing them out my BF got to take them home! :)

So we tore the whole thing down, turns out the foundation under the old wood floor was concrete, so we had a pretty good base to work with.

Here is what we have so far! And we need to hurry up because as I'm typing this our "little" chicks are STILL in our mud room, and the one that I'm certain is a roo boy is singing away in there! But my drill died so I'll have to at least wait until it's charged up again!

In the first pic you can sort of see that I've already started putting up some temp. siding of wood planks from the pallets. It's 2 by 3 pallets so about 8ft by 12ft then it is a little over 6ft tall. and the roof will slope down slightly, eventually we are planning on putting tin on the outside and roof but we need it to be at least semi functional asap!

Back
Top Bottom