Didn't know something so small could make a grown woman so sad

Must Be Losing It

Lost It
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Uxbridge MA
Just a vent session for me.

My crazy legged chick w/ splayed legs is a mess. After a week plus of banding his legs he never gained any strength, he's not growing and in fact one of his legs is just completely bent wrong and now his wing on the same side is hanging over his leg - I'm told its most likely neurological problems and its time to go.

So my husband is about 3000 miles away all week and I'm feeling like a big baby having to take care of this because at this rate I'm just caring for this chick for myself and that's quite selfish given his condition.

Anyway, its my first chick I have to cull and I'm devastated.

Wish me luck. Sorry I'm such a big baby.

hit.gif

(((must be losing it)))

sending thoughts of courage and strength to you whom i do not envy...

jean

I am so sorry you are going through this all by yourself. Wish I was closer to help, I have never had to do it myself, but it would be hard. sending you hugs
hugs.gif

Had to do something for a birth defect baby myself. It isn't easy but there's a certain peace later knowing you did the right thing so no needless suffering was endured by something so small and helpless.
Sending peaceful vibes your way... :aww

So sorry that you need to do this. Your are right - you need to do it for the chick's sake.
hugs.gif
I'm thinking of you. All the best.

I'm in a similar situation considering put my dog down. It's just not easy.

Thank you everyone. It was a tough night last night but you're right, I know I dd the right thing and Crazy Legs is resting peacefully instead of fighting his own decline.

McGoo, sorry about your dog. Its a tough, tough thing you're going through and I wish you the best of strength.

Thanks again for everyone's well wishes.

Back
Top Bottom