Didn't really start to brood - are eggs ok?

Thank you!!

I am planing to candle them when she goes on hee daily break. But - the thing with her is that she takes her breaks in the early morning hour - when its cold.... can I take them out of the warm nest in that case?
Also, when candleing with a flash ligh - is it ok to turn the eggs to see better? Or it will hurt them?

Thanks!
I candle with my phones flashlight as it is nice and small. It is fine to turn the eggs slightly so you have the egg facing in an easier way to candle them. Just don't turn them repeatedly in circles as you can cause issues with the umbilical cord. If you have to turn it make sure to put it back in the same position you picked it up in.

Thank you!!

I am planing to candle them when she goes on hee daily break. But - the thing with her is that she takes her breaks in the early morning hour - when its cold.... can I take them out of the warm nest in that case?
Also, when candleing with a flash ligh - is it ok to turn the eggs to see better? Or it will hurt them?

Thanks!
Yes, you can take them out. It's only going to be like 15-30 seconds per egg. I use a 2,000 lumen LED flashlight but I know some use even stronger ones. It doesn't hurt them.

Yes, you can take them out. It's only going to be like 15-30 seconds per egg. I use a 2,000 lumen LED flashlight but I know some use even stronger ones. It doesn't hurt them.
Thank you. Should I candle them outside near the nest or in my house? Its not dark enough outside so I think l will have to put them in a bowl and take them into the house for candling?

Back
Top Bottom