Diet for pet naked neck

If her diet is mostly the feed, I don't see why this would be inadequate. If she's too heavy, I would suggest cutting out the extras like the banana and letting her exercise more.
Here's a chart to give you an idea what her breast should feel like, how much flesh should be kn either side of her keel bone. View attachment 3390650
Most of my chickens were a 2.

Chickens don't do well alone. How did you introduce them?
At first i put her in a cage so they couldn’t fight, she hated it though. So I started letting her out while the flock was around but one of my top hens is a massive bully to outsiders
As a pet she isn’t lonely, she gets a lot of attention and my dogs help keep her company. At night she sleeps on a roost by my bed

If you only kept her in the cage for a day or so it makes sense for the top hen to attack her, she wasn't properly introduced unfortunately. As for your dogs, please please please, unless they're LGDs they should always be having supervised interactions

At first i put her in a cage so they couldn’t fight, she hated it though. So I started letting her out while the flock was around but one of my top hens is a massive bully to outsiders
As a pet she isn’t lonely, she gets a lot of attention and my dogs help keep her company. At night she sleeps on a roost by my bed
introductions take a long time. Usually folks keep them 'see no touch' for almost a month before letting them mingle. Maybe you could try again so she has some daytime friends too. And careful with dogs, especially indoors, sometimes in the blink of an eye instinct takes over and prey drive can end trouble. I've seen it happen and it's scary how fast it can happen.

Back
Top Bottom