Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics
Hi m new here I live in Dubai and soon will be moving to ontario. I love animals especially birds, where I live I could keep any kind of animals bcz of the weather conditions especially no snow . I am thinking to grow birds for living but m not sure how to keep them safe especially in winter. Is it recomendable to keep chicken and other birds for living, if not could someone guide me with other options. Hope to hear back from you soon. New joiner Fajis

WELCOME TO BYC!
1f604.png

Found the answer to "is it an Easter Egger if you cross an Amercauna with any other breed" YES!.

"Easter Eggers (EEs) are not an APA recognized breed, they are a mix of different breeds. They are sometimes referred to as 'Rainbow Layers.' Easter Eggers are essentially descendants of Araucanas and Ameraucanas on one side of the family, and any other breed on the other side of the family. Easter Eggers do not breed true. To 'breed true' means that purebred chicks resemble both parents. Easter Eggers are often intentionally confused with Araucanas and Ameraucanas by use of the misspelling "Americana" or Americauna" by unscrupulous and/or ignorant sellers.

According to the Easter Egg Club of America, EEs are "the most popular chicken in America today."* Easter Eggers lay a wide range of egg colors, including: any hue of blue and green and even pink on occasion. Other common EE traits include pea combs and wattles that are either small or absent. They often have greenish legs and beards and muffs, but not necessarily. They can have any skin color. Their leg color can range from green to slate and even yellow. They can be found in an infinite array of feather colors, which makes them a beautiful and unique"

Last edited:
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=14pt] Found the answer to "is it an Easter Egger if you cross an Amercauna with any other breed"  YES!.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000][SIZE=14pt]"Easter Eggers (EEs) are not an APA recognized breed, they are a mix of different breeds. They are sometimes referred to as 'Rainbow Layers.' Easter Eggers are essentially descendants of Araucanas and Ameraucanas on one side of the family, and any other breed on the other side of the family. Easter Eggers do not breed true. To 'breed true' means that[/SIZE] purebred chicks resemble both parents. Easter Eggers are often intentionally confused with Araucanas and Ameraucanas by use of the misspelling "Amer[COLOR=FF0000]i[/COLOR][/COLOR]cana" or Amer[COLOR=FF0000]i[/COLOR]cauna" by unscrupulous and/or ignorant sellers.

[SIZE=14pt][COLOR=000000]According to the Easter Egg Club of America, EEs are "the most popular chicken in America today."*  Easter Eggers lay a wide range of egg colors, including: any hue of blue and green and even pink on occasion. Other common EE traits include pea combs and wattles that are either small or absent.  They often have greenish legs and beards and muffs, but not necessarily. They can have any skin color. Their leg color can range from green to slate and even yellow. They can be found in an infinite array of feather colors, which makes them a beautiful and unique"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I recently put of of my Ameraucana Roo's with my White leg horn... am very interested to see what I will get :)

Hi Fajis
Welcome to BYC from Missouri
frow.gif

If you are moving to Ontario Canada it is extremely cold in the winter
They will need a tight probably insulated wood coop no drafts and a heating lamp In very cold weather .
The chicks cant take that kind of cold so make sure they are someplace warm when small
The adults can take it fairly well I understand -30 degrees like Ontario is pretty cold

Good luck on your bird project!!!.

Hi, I just want to post, so I can keep track of this thread. I have an EE, "Cherrie," my son named her after his favorite teacher. She just started laying on August 1st and has given us 10 "seafoam green" colored eggs over the last 2 wks. She's so sweet! I wish I'd gotten more of this breed!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom