Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics
Only if they are penciled, as your Chanteclers and in Partridge Rocks, etc. are. This is considered partridge in the EE. Partridge is just a Black Breasted Red (or Red Duckwing), when you breed these and get a rooster he is the same color as a Chantecler or Plymouth Rock rooster.

Baloney. What you have there is a non-true breeding, mixed genetic coloring. I have made enough crosses to know the difference, and have bred blue egg chickens since the early 1970's. The American Poultry Association defines partridge coloring, and that ain't it. The males may well come out black breasted, but that does not make it partridge.

EE chicks are sold by most commercial hatcheries so they are extremely easy to acquire.

Baloney. What you have there is a non-true breeding, mixed genetic coloring. I have made enough crosses to know the difference, and have bred blue egg chickens since the early 1970's. The American Poultry Association defines partridge coloring, and that ain't it. The males may well come out black breasted, but that does not make it partridge.

EE chicks are sold by most commercial hatcheries so they are extremely easy to acquire.

Whatever. I was told that they were a partridge type color by someone who knows what they are talking about. Don't look like you've been here very long, so I don't know that you know anything.

Last edited:
For starters I have been showing poultry since the early 1970's and achieved APA Master Exhibitor in 1998. I was one of the originators of the Ameraucana breed and was one of six people who participated in their qualifying meet at the Ohio National in 1983. I breed and show Partridge Chanteclers in both large and bantam. I am a life member of the American Poultry Association, the American Bantam Association, and the Ameraucana Breeders Club. There are other websites that experienced poultry fanciers prefer. Is that enough for you or shall I go on?

Last edited:
I believe you have Ameraucanas confused with easter eggers. A true Ameraucana should lay nothing but blue eggs. Some may have a greenish tint, but blue is preferred. If it lays an olive or brown egg it is probably some kind of a cross (E.E.).

Ok then . moving on a question I have appullet who may be a pureLav Am or may be anEE with a Pure lav Am dad.She seem to have all the traits of my LAMs .If shes an EE her mother would be a Light Brahma and her build is small and narrow like my LAMs not round like the LB which leads me to someone on here said if a bird has all the certain breed traits then it is concidered that breed.TO me that means it may be 2 breeds and yet be concidered pure.True?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom