Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics
One has a single comb, and they are both clean faced. They are Easter Eggers. No such thing as Americana, btw. Pure Ameraucana have pea combs, muffs and beards; which your birds are lacking.

The more I read about he differences, the more confused I become:) I was sold a batch of eggs that were supposedly Americauna eggs and we hatched several. These two were part of that hatch. I'm pretty sure therenja a roo and a pullet here but the colors are not what I have ever seen in americauna..,however, I'm new to chickens so I'm sure there are some this color. Love this thread and hope to learn more as I go.

One has a single comb, and they are both clean faced. They are Easter Eggers. No such thing as Americana, btw. Pure Ameraucana have pea combs, muffs and beards; which your birds are lacking.
I can't hardly see the pics....but the big combed one sure looks like a cockerel.

I talked to the person I bought the eggs from and he said the rooster he used is pure ameraucana and the hen is EE. So these chicks are EE. Breed really makes no difference to me anyways...I just need to figure out which ones are Roos because I only want one roo and am keeping a blue marans roo.

I talked to the person I bought the eggs from and he said the rooster he used is pure ameraucana and the hen is EE. So these chicks are EE. Breed really makes no difference to me anyways...I just need to figure out which ones are Roos because I only want one roo and am keeping a blue marans roo.
With EE at 3 months it can be hard to tell if you don't have a lot of experience...but I think the one on the right might be a cockerel. Clear well lit pics would help.

X2. Kind of a newbie too but I could tell I had a boy early on. Does the comb look something like this?

It's not the best example but hopefully it helps some :)

I'm going to attempt to get better pics of their combs tomorrow. The splash roo has a single comb...I think:) The others have combs that look like pea combs to me. If I can stand to stay out long enough for comb pics tomorrow, I will post them. I appreciate all of the help:)

Pics would be helpful :) Tried to expand pic and it just got blurrier. I know what u mean, it's 100 here now and expected to be 104 by Tuesday! I've come to appreciate winter as you can layer up. This is nothing but still, dead air!

Oops...hit done too fast. The combs don't look like pea combs on the splash mystery chicks for sure, and the black pullet that I'm being told isn't an EE doesn't either. The two pics of the slash chick are the same bird. The cockerel that resembles him/her has a very red straight comb. The pic of the bluish/black chick is also from the same eggs. I was told cockerel yesterday but I still have no idea what these chickens are:) All eggs supposedly came from same roo and a few different hens that were supposed to be EE. These are the best I could get tonight while fighting gnats and heat:)

Back
Top Bottom