Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics
Oh, wow!!! @cindy parker your black and copper pullet looks almost exactly like my Araucana pullet! My Araucana's color isn't correct, but she is pure...

Wow...they do look a lot alike. I have had so many people ask me what she is, but I really can only go on what I was td her egg was:) I bought EE eggs and we had a combination of so many completely different looking chicks. The pullets all have that stubby butt look:) I love black chickens so I knew the second she hatched that I was keeping her if it was a girl:) I love the colored eggs, but I have no idea what this girl will be laying. Guess time will tell...

Wow...they do look a lot alike. I have had so many people ask me what she is, but I really can only go on what I was td her egg was:) I bought EE eggs and we had a combination of so many completely different looking chicks. The pullets all have that stubby butt look:) I love black chickens so I knew the second she hatched that I was keeping her if it was a girl:) I love the colored eggs, but I have no idea what this girl will be laying. Guess time will tell...

Some EE's have Araucana in them instead of Ameraucana, so that might explain your stubby tails... some of my bantam Araucana's throw chicks that are rumpless, stub tailed or full tails... :)

Oh ok...well I appreciate all of the help. I hope I get some colored eggs from at least one if them, but if not, I will take whatever they leave me:) I'm adding pics of another chic we hatched in a different hatch with eggs from the same person but a different Roo. This roo is supposedly a blue wheaten Ameracauna...if I spelled it correctly:)

I just realized whenever I try to type Ameracauna, my phone auto corrects it to americauna. I have had a few replies that quickly let me know there was no such thing as an americauna....guess someone needs to let APPLE know this:) Thanks to this group, I know there is no such thing as an Americana....but for me, it makes no difference. I just love chickens...mutts and all:)

I just realized whenever I try to type Ameracauna, my phone auto corrects it to americauna. I have had a few replies that quickly let me know there was no such thing as an americauna....guess someone needs to let APPLE know this:) Thanks to this group, I know there is no such thing as an Americana....but for me, it makes no difference. I just love chickens...mutts and all:)

Americana is an actual word, meaning art, kitsch, and design with an classic american flavor. You just have to add Ameraucana to your dictionary, and you'll be good to go. :)

OK, my Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers are starting to lay, so I thought I'd post some pics. The first pic is of some blue eggs, the small round ones from the EE's, and the torpedoes are from the Ameraucanas....

The next couple pics are EE's....

Notice the rooster's floppy comb. Gotta wonder how welll he can see.....

And these are some BBS Ameraucanas. The rooster has no beard or muffs....

Last edited:
I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if this has been discussed before! I have an eight month old EE who still is not laying. The Australorp and Red Comet that I got with her are laying like crazy, but Omlet simply isn't living up to her name yet!

Any ideas? Thanks!

Dana

Back
Top Bottom