Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics

Got my first egg from this girl, it's an itty bitty cute thang

What breed are my birds? I was told the white one is an arucana but it lauds lays green eggs. It looks like it has blue feet but I guess they could have a hint of green. She has some muffs and I'm not sure her skin color.

I was told the rooster is a lavender arucana too. I was going to breed them. Can you please advise me of what kind of birds I have?

He is a Lavender Ameraucana... hard to see, but she does look to have green legs, so I'd say Easter Egger...

Either way, if you breed those 2 together you will produce Easter Eggers only...

He is a Lavender Ameraucana... hard to see, but she does look to have green legs, so I'd say Easter Egger...

Either way, if you breed those 2 together you will produce Easter Eggers only...

Buz kill! Major bummer. I was hoping they wouldn't be just easter eggers. What's the going rate for these chick's locally? My plan is to sell some and keep some.
My next experiment will be a creme leg bar rooster. They produce blue eggs correct? Those should make some pretty babies

Buz kill! Major bummer. I was hoping they wouldn't be just easter eggers. What's the going rate for these chick's locally? My plan is to sell some and keep some.
My next experiment will be a creme leg bar rooster. They produce blue eggs correct? Those should make some pretty babies

No idea what your local rate for EE chicks might be, check out your local Craigslist and you might find something...
If you can find a Lavender pullet, you could breed Lavender Ameraucanas using him, but if you cross most Ameraucana colors they are no longer Ameraucanas... feather colors must breed true for those...
Cream Legbars do lay blue, but I hear a lot are laying green to greenish/blue as well... pure blue eggs are hard to guarantee from most blue eggs breeds... usually it's within a range...

I purchased this brid as an Ameraucana pullet. Turns out she is a he. In this photo he's about 5 months old. I'm trying to figure of if he is an Ee or an Ameraucana. What do you think?

Are you in Europe, Australia, or US? Here in the US we'd refer to them as ameracauna, americauna, or easter eggers. It might help to look up what the European breeders club says. I'd lean toward European standard aracauna but I'm not sure about the egg color specifics for that standard.

I'm not downing your bird, but I don't think that rooster is a Ameraucana or a lavender. The color gas a strawish look covering the lavender color.

I've had many EE in the last and really like them. Never had one with that color though. I would love to have had one like like will most likely make nice colored babies.

I couldn't tell what EE sell for in your local area. I sell mine for $2.00 each if sold within the first week if age. Unless they buy a bunch at once. I also sell as straight run. They should be worth that at least. Grown chickens I sell hens for $20.00 of a pair for $30.00. Single roosters sometimes will fetch around $8.00.

Back
Top Bottom