Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
Question breed and gender. I thought she was a pullet but now that she is maturing 23 weeks and getting pointed saddle feathers, I'm not sure. I'm a city dweller and cannot have roosters. She doesn't crow... yet.

Is this a rooster?
Look at the brown-red Ameraucana. I'm comparing to the white one, which is supposedly an Ameraucana as well...
The brown-red has (and always has had) a larger comb than the white one, and then look at those tail feathers

The 2 photos with the wooden wall in the background were taken the day we brought them home; 6 weeks.
The other 3 with the ladder in the background were two weeks later; 8 weeks
All 3 are 11 weeks now. Pics taken today out in the grass

The place where we got them allows you to "trade in" if you end up with a rooster. In the 5 weeks that we've had them, I have grown to like them. Also, I can't imagine bringing a new one home, coop training, getting to know the others, etc...

It really does look like a boy, doesn't it??!! Those tail feathers!!
It hasn't attempted to crow yet, not that we've heard. The lady where we got them said that if he is indeed a boy, that he should start trying to crow by about 12 weeks.
It is a lovely bird! Has very fluffy muffs and beard.
We named him/her Raquel. But since we became suspicious, we just call him/her "Rocky"
The white one is suppose to be an Ameraucana too... We call her Natalie.
She doesn't have muffs or beard, that I can tell...

So... Is the white one an Ameraucana? Beuatiful, even if she's not!
Is Rocky a girl or a boy???
Neither Natalie, nor Rocky have decided who is boss yet. They both try!

The 2 photos with the wooden wall in the background were taken the day we brought them home; 6 weeks. The other 3 with the ladder in the background were two weeks later; 8 weeks All 3 are 11 weeks now. Pics taken today out in the grass The place where we got them allows you to "trade in" if you end up with a rooster. In the 5 weeks that we've had them, I have grown to like them. Also, I can't imagine bringing a new one home, coop training, getting to know the others, etc... It really does look like a boy, doesn't it??!! Those tail feathers!! It hasn't attempted to crow yet, not that we've heard. The lady where we got them said that if he is indeed a boy, that he should start trying to crow by about 12 weeks. It is a lovely bird! Has very fluffy muffs and beard. We named him/her Raquel. But since we became suspicious, we just call him/her "Rocky" The white one is suppose to be an Ameraucana too... We call her Natalie. She doesn't have muffs or beard, that I can tell... So... Is the white one an Ameraucana? Beuatiful, even if she's not! Is Rocky a girl or a boy??? Neither Natalie, nor Rocky have decided who is boss yet. They both try!
Sorry, but that pink of a comb at 8 weeks, he's definitely a Rocky... :( Boys will crow whenever they decide to... some crow earlier and some crow later, can't guarantee an age a roo will start... As for the white one, it has pretty slate colored legs but I don't see a beard or muffs??

Back
Top Bottom