differences in eggs

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by skyehunter85, May 26, 2017.

1. skyehunter85

skyehunter85 In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2016
    I was looking at it, but it was rather confusing.. I will play with it some and see what I can come.up with.. we did plan to separate them all out this year but it just didn't happen in time for breeding season. So I guess I will have some interesting babies!

2. skyehunter85

Jun 24, 2016
    This is an example of the color differences I'm getting

Attached Files:

3. ChickenChaser43

ChickenChaser43 Chirping

Apr 21, 2016
    Central Pa
    I would be willing to bet that only one of your tom's did the breeding. Slight chance that possibly a second tom may have got a chance to breed. In a flock your size, there is usually a dominant tom that does all the breeding.

4. skyehunter85

Jun 24, 2016
    I have a heritage bronze Tom's that is 2 years old, 2 bourbon Tom's that are about yr or a bit more and a royal palm Tom that is about 2, I have 4 heritage bronze hens, 3 Narragansett hens, 2 bourbon hens and 1 royal palm hen. My bronze Tom is definitely the boss, but I have seen other Tom's breed so I know he isn't the only one. They have quite a bit of space so they can get away from each other. Next season we will have things separated out by breeds for sure.

5. ChickenChaser43

ChickenChaser43 Chirping

Apr 21, 2016
    Central Pa
    On Porter's site under the "more" tab is a phenotype and genotype tab. You can use that to help with the color calculator. For instance here is a Royal Palm tom that I copied from that page: b'b' cgcg nn If you plug that into the calculator it will change to Royal Palm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: