Different breeds of Pheasants:

Rachelj07

Songster
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
I was wondering what breeds of pheasants can be put into the same pen and why other breeds of the same animal (this case pheasants) can't be in the same pen? I want to have a varerity of pheasants but I need to know what breeds I can house together and what breeds I can't.

Thanks

You should be able to put Goldens (and red goldens ect...) and Lady Amhersts together.

I have read that Silver males can be agressive to other breeds though..

I may be wrong to, but GOOD LUCK!!

Do not and I mean do not put Red Goldens with Amhersts, they can and will crossbreed. Try to keep like species away cause of this reason. There are enough hybrids out there and we are trying to keep the seperate species pure as possible. THank you, stepping off my soap box, lol.

Quote:
wink.png
I didnt think he was breeding them. lol.

If you want to raise just males you can house all males together as long as there are no females around.Other then that I would keep all breeds seperate to stop from cross breeding.
In N.H.,Tony.

I agree 100% with bandbaustin, Tony K T
Id Keep those types apart...

Now if were are talking hunting type pheasants..ringneck species, most will be fine together, esp if being used as stocking birds for hunting clubs, or personal stockings,most hunters love the odd ball birds big time..

Back
Top Bottom