1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Different breeds of Pheasants:

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Rachelj07, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Rachelj07

Rachelj07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2009
    I was wondering what breeds of pheasants can be put into the same pen and why other breeds of the same animal (this case pheasants) can't be in the same pen? I want to have a varerity of pheasants but I need to know what breeds I can house together and what breeds I can't.

Thanks

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    You should be able to put Goldens (and red goldens ect...) and Lady Amhersts together.

I have read that Silver males can be agressive to other breeds though..

I may be wrong to, but GOOD LUCK!!

3. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    Do not and I mean do not put Red Goldens with Amhersts, they can and will crossbreed. Try to keep like species away cause of this reason. There are enough hybrids out there and we are trying to keep the seperate species pure as possible. THank you, stepping off my soap box, lol.

4. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:[​IMG] I didnt think he was breeding them. lol.

5. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    If you want to raise just males you can house all males together as long as there are no females around.Other then that I would keep all breeds seperate to stop from cross breeding.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree 100% with bandbaustin, Tony K T
    Id Keep those types apart...

Now if were are talking hunting type pheasants..ringneck species, most will be fine together, esp if being used as stocking birds for hunting clubs, or personal stockings,most hunters love the odd ball birds big time..

7. kikescove.com

kikescove.com Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Selah Washington
    Tony Nailed it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by