Different sizes of Turkey eggs

willowcol

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Macclesfield NC
I wanted to hatch some turkey's so bad this month, but found out I will be gone every weekend. This weekend we are going to Williamsburg, next weekend I have to go on a girl scout camping trip because other mom's backed out 2 days ago, then my cousin is getting married in MD the next week. Anyways I was so upset I couldn't buy Turkey eggs, (my husband still can't stand to see me pout after 15 years) my husband got 15 free turkey eggs from his friend for me. The guy has male and female turkeys but isn't sure they are fertile. I have no clue what kind of Turkey eggs these are but he told my husband that there are 2 different kinds. Some of the eggs are really big and are tan with small speckles of dark on the, the others are only half the size but look alot like the big ones. Is there a kind of turkey that lays eggs that small (about the size of a jumbo chicken egg)? I wish my husband had asked what they are, would it be rude to call and ask since he was nice enough to give these eggs to my husband for free and drive them to his job?

edited to add I have no turner and don't trust my daughter whose 20 to really turn the eggs, thats why I didn't want to buy eggs and them not hatch.

Last edited:
My bourbon red cross hens are in their first year of laying and their eggs are only a little bit bigger than my penedesenca eggs which are large to x-large.

Ok thanks, I guess these eggs are from 2 different kinds of turkeys but are penned together so they may be a mix then. He has males and females of both types penned together from what my husband explained to me.

Back
Top Bottom