Different temps

MazBecvar

Chirping
Jun 13, 2018
Hi everyone,
I’m incubating 6 buff Orpington chicken eggs. My incubator is set to 37.5 but on my second thermometer, which is down with the eggs, is showing 35.5 degrees C. Should I up the temp on the incubator to bring the reading up? This is the last time I will be using this incubator, I’ve got a Brinsea mini 2 coming in the post so I hope to have better success with that.
Thanks in advance 🐣

Did you calibrate you second sensor?
No I have just literally put it down with the eggs to see if it reads a different temp (which is does)
I did candle the 6 eggs today and there’s nothing in them. I am going to wait and candle again at day 10 but not holding out much hope.
the eggs were shipped and were AWFULLY packed so I am not surprised they aren’t viable.
I will wait for my new Brinsea incubator and won’t use the other one again now.

The information on temperatures can be so confusing! I’ve got one with a probe that reads humidity and temp, the one on the incubator, and an old school glass one which I was able to calibrate but it’s kind of hard to read without opening the incubator.

I’m trusting the glass one the most, but sort of looking at at an average of the 3 each time I check the temp. It’s my first time hatching though so don’t know if that’s right.

Back
Top Bottom