Difficult Puzzle! Winner Posts New One!!!

Okay. Heres some help:

• There are 365 days in each non-Leap Year.
  • There are 366 days in each Leap Year.
  • Leap Years occur every four years except in years that are divisible by 100, and except-except in years that are divisible by 400.
  • Thus, 1900 is the only year in the 20th century that is divisible by 4, but not a leap year.
Since 365 divided by seven days of the week has a remainder of 1, any date will move forward one day of the week after every non-leap year. So if July 31st is a Friday in 2020, we know it will be a Saturday in 2021. And since 366 divided by 7 has a remainder of 2, any date will move forward two days of the week when it passes a leap day.

For example, since July 31st was a Wednesday in 2019, we know it must be a Friday in 2020. (The Leap Day occurred in February 2020.)

From Edwin’s letter to Virginia, we can surmise the following three things:

• The month in which they were married was January, June, or July.
  • They were married on a weekend day.
  • Eight years later, their anniversary was on a Monday.
Almost all eight-year periods involve passing over six non-Leap Years and two Leap Years. This means you’d advance by one day of the week for each of the non-Leap Years, and two days of the week for each of the two Leap Years. In total, you’d advance by 10 days of the week, which is the same as advancing by 3 days of the week.

This means if Edwin and Virginia’s wedding date was on a Saturday, eight years later should be a Tuesday, and if their wedding date was a Sunday, eight years later should be a Wednesday. But we know eight years after Edwin and Virginia’s wedding was a Monday. This can only occur if the eight-year period includes only one Leap Year. Hmm...what does that mean for the start date for our 8 years 🤔

I was born in the 18th century, yet still live on today. Appearing on TV when I have something to say. Called everything from "honest" to a dirty rotten "crook", I used to wear a wig, but have had several looks. I've always had a party, but never disturb the neighbors. I've been shot at many times - major stories for the papers. What am I?

I was born in the 18th century, yet still live on today. Appearing on TV when I have something to say. Called everything from "honest" to a dirty rotten "crook", I used to wear a wig, but have had several looks. I've always had a party, but never disturb the neighbors. I've been shot at many times - major stories for the papers. What am I?
Im guessing the government? Also no one has answered my riddle yet :hit

The president?

Back
Top Bottom