Difficult Puzzle! Winner Posts New One!!!

Here's one I've been waiting to use (sorry it's long and complicated)

You are a prisoner in a room with 2 doors and 2 guards. One of the doors will guide you to freedom and behind the other is a hangman --you don't know which is which.
One of the guards always tells the truth and the other always lies. You don't know which one is the truth-teller or the liar either.
You have to choose and open one of these doors, but you can only ask a single question to one of the guards.
What do you ask so you can pick the door to freedom?

I’ve heard other versions with the same solution.
Here’s another longer one:
A farmer has to cross a river with a chicken, a bag of feed, and a fox. The boat only has room for 2, so he can only take one across at a time. He can’t leave the chicken alone with the feed, or the feed will be eaten. He can’t leave the fox alone with the chicken, or the chicken will be eaten. How can he safely get all 3 across?

I’ve heard other versions with the same solution.
Here’s another longer one:
A farmer has to cross a river with a chicken, a bag of feed, and a fox. The boat only has room for 2, so he can only take one across at a time. He can’t leave the chicken alone with the feed, or the feed will be eaten. He can’t leave the fox alone with the chicken, or the chicken will be eaten. How can he safely get all 3 across?
He brings the chicken across first. He then goes back and brings the feed across. On his way back from bringing the feed, he takes the chicken back with him. He then takes the fox across, then comes back and gets the chicken. (did that make sense?)

Or, he could also first take the chicken and the feed. Then he leaves the chicken and takes the feed with him back across the river where he gets the fox.

Or, he could take the feed and the fox, then leave the fox and take the feed to get the chicken. Or leave the feed and take the fox to get the chicken.

Or, he could take the fox and the chicken, then leave the fox (or the chicken), then take the chicken (or the fox) to get the feed.)

Or, he could also first take the chicken and the feed. Then he leaves the chicken and takes the feed with him back across the river where he gets the fox.

Or, he could take the feed and the fox, then leave the fox and take the feed to get the chicken. Or leave the feed and take the fox to get the chicken.

Or, he could take the fox and the chicken, then leave the fox (or the chicken), then take the chicken (or the fox) to get the feed.)
I thought he could only take one at a time?

Back
Top Bottom