Difficult question about broilers and food

I think you have a lot of research ahead of you. I assume you want to up their animal protein.
It isn't the quantity of worms but the weight. Are you talking nightcrawlers, red wrigglers, mealworms, superworms, etc. or what?
A mini mealworm won't be the same as a large superworm.
Also, feeding worms, crickets, meat, fish, etc. - as good as that is - will not be as consistent from bird to bird in a flock of thousands as a complete poultry feed.
Some chickens will gobble them up and the more timid chickens may get few if any.
Without doing the math, I'd guess about 5 to 10 million depending on what kind of worms.

Last edited:
I think you have a lot of research ahead of you. I assume you want to up their animal protein.
It isn't the quantity of worms but the weight. Are you talking nightcrawlers, red wrigglers, mealworms, superworms, etc. or what?
Also, feeding worms, crickets, meat, fish, etc. will not be consistent like a complete poultry feed.
Some chickens will gobble them up and the more timid chickens may get few if any.
Without doing the math, I'd guess about 5 to 10 million depending on what kind of worms.
red wigglers but if we're going based on pounds I think I know what I'll need

Also, feeding worms, crickets, meat, fish, etc. will not be consistent like a complete poultry feed.
5 million worms :x 5 MILLLION

No this is to feed my backyard flock :lau Imagine that.. that would be my heaven... I'm joking yes I'm planning a commercial farm for our family owned slaughter houses. I want to improve the quality and health of the birds they are selling by providing our own poultry
Honestly, at first I thought you might be trolling us, I was so confounded by the number. It sure would be nice to have some more humane commercial chicken farms out there. Good luck!

Honestly, at first I thought you might be trolling us, I was so confounded by the number. It sure would be nice to have some more humane commercial chicken farms out there. Good luck!
Thanks! That's what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm absolutely in LOVE with my chickens and I want to refocus some of that energy because chickens whether they are for food or not should live happy lives!

Back
Top Bottom