Digging predator? Who is most likely suspect?

Right, I was actually giving some thought to putting them (the mothballs, not the chickens!) in stockings, i.e. pantyhose, to stretch along the exterior. That way I can retrieve them when the chickens get out to play. Another concern is about how they will hold up in the rain and will they melt down, leaving a residue that could be dangerous.

I thought about trapping said snakes, we actually have two, but what to do with them after that? I'd use an egg for bait, of course!

Last edited:
Need a belt?
lol.png

Bourbon and "egg"nog? Sure, I'll take a belt anytime!

How do I get those dang smilies in here? If I knew, I'd be demonstrating FOFLMAO!

if you are in texas and it is a digger than it may be an armadillo, I am surprised it hasn't come up yet, I am in the devils paradise one state above and we get dillos all the time.

Quote:
When you post as your typing if you look to the right you will see a smilies with show next to it click on show make sure there is a space then click on the one you want and space again
caf.gif
will be watching to see if you understood me.

I have been using peanuts in my traps, They are working. My brother who has lots of chickens too told me to put out some antifreezs in a dish. I did yesterday. Will post results.

ALERT

TO CMOM!!!

Be VERY careful with that antifreeze- it is highly toxic to ALL creatures!

Less than a teaspoonful can kill a dog or cat- it has a "sweet" smell that attracts all animals, even the ones you like. Children are attracted, too.

What are you trapping down there in the Sunshine State?

Quote:
Skunks (6 so far)and more have been spotted lurking. One got into the barn and found some peanuts. There is a peanut farm down the road and we grew some last year.

Back
Top Bottom