Dips in air sac?

CatMoonfire

In the Brooder
May 9, 2020
Two of my goose eggs (collected at the same time) have dips in their air sacs? Last time I candled was a few days ago and veins were visible with movement in both eggs. I stopped turning just today and noticed the dips in each air sacs. They should be hatching soon I believe, as they’re solidly dark and I cannot see the veins anymore like when my first goslings hatched. I read some on dips in the air sacs and it says to put them dip up. I did that now, but I’m not sure when the dips developed and I’d been turning them until today. I saw one egg wiggle earlier I thought, but no peeping or tapping when I tap the eggs. I say I thought as I had a pipped chick next to it but I believe it moved of its own accord as the pip in the chick egg isn’t even more than a crack yet. Any advice??

What day is it for them? What bator are you using and what is the constant temp AND humidity? Can you send pictures of you candling them in a dark room? How often do you turn them?

What day is it for them? What bator are you using and what is the constant temp AND humidity? Can you send pictures of you candling them in a dark room? How often do you turn them?
Im unsure the day as the goose had been sitting on them for a while before I collected them. I turn them 3 times daily, but stopped turning them yesterday. Temp is 99.5 and humidity is in the 60s. We’ve had a difficult time with the humidity as our little above garage farm apartment has terrible ventilation and it’s been humid as heck here. All our others have hatched fine though, so the humidity definitely isn’t a problem! I may take pics of me candling then later, but I just checked on them and they’re definitely wiggling so I think they’re ok!! I’m just a panicked goose mama :’)

Back
Top Bottom