Dipsy Doodle Doo - Barred NN from your girls

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Here is Mr. Ugli today. I have to say he has the BEST personality. His dad is my alpha roo and is good to everyone but also protects them well. This guy seems to have inherited that trait. He is broody raised but is still very sweet and gentle unlike all the other crazies they raise.

I just kind of wish I could keep him
hmm.png

RSCN1535.jpg

Hi! Was that the one you didn't like the comb on?
It is different, hahaha.
I've got a couple of feather-neck Cuckoo pullets he could hang with...
OR! If you have any blue or black Silkies, you could use him to start Cuckoo Naked Neck Silkies. I'd be all over those.
smile.png

Lisa

Yep - he has a really WIIIIIDDE comb. I just sold my two blue silkie hens. My frizzles from you are much better mamas so they (the silkies) went bye-bye. His mama would raise every chick in the yard if I'd let her. Right now she has (1) 6 week old and (1) 4 week old cuckoo X black copper chicks plus she tried to steal my other frizzles (4) 1 week old chicks.

Maybe I should mate him back to his mom? She is cuckoo
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Keep me in mind when you get some eggs. I would love a little Ugli running around the yard.

Dipsy - I keep meaning to tell you that the frizzles I got from you are hiding some recessive white. I hatched 2 white frizzled silkies this summer - their papa was my white showgirl and I wondered where the white came from until they frizzled.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom