Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
A few pics from this morning of the oldest of 'this generation' of DipsyGoths:
Splash single comb cockerel:

Blue and black single comb cockerels:

Blue single comb pullet:

and a blue DipsyGoth Green-Egger cockerel:

You passion and success is clearly evident with these amazing birds...are you to the point now that Dipsygoths would be considered a breed or because you're still perfecting perhaps do yo call them a landrace?
Are you selling any hatching eggs yet from these fabulous birds? I would really love to raise Dipsygoths too...could you tell more about them such as disposition..roo breeding habits..are they nice..gentle vocal loud caring hens..do the roos fight a lot...do they fly. Accept confin ement or are adept at foraging? ???? Are these fast growing/maturing. ..slow growers..average?
Are the green blue egg laying genes showing up well or rarely?
I'd love them either way...would love to work on this amazing project

Blessings to you

Your peacomb/rosecomb culls would be a cherished treasure. ..your Dipsygoths are very impressive. ..thanks very much for these great pictures. ..

Last edited:
Hi! I call them DipsyGoths because I made them and they have dark skin / combs / etc (fibromelanotic).
This explains it best:
The original project was Fibromelanotic Naked Neck Green-Eggers aka 'the build-a-buzzard' project. The single comb Fm birds from the project were so awesome, I decided to work on those too.
In winter of 2004, I was looking through a Poultry Catalog my brother brought me, and marveling at all the unusual chicken breeds available --- most of which I'd never seen before.
I said it would be neat to have a chicken that has black skin (like the Silkie), frizzled feathers (like the frizzle Cochin), a naked neck (like the Naked Neck Turken),
lays colored eggs (like the Ameraucana / Araucana), and is big (like the Jersey Giant).
I said "I think *I* will make some". My brother said, "Bet'cha can't".
And just like that --- a chicken project was born.
I already won the bet : )
I had never heard of Ayam Cemani or Svart Hona chickens. These just happen to look similar to them, except also come in blue and splash.
I have several separate lines of DipsyGoths now. Fm (fibromelanotic) single comb brown/cream egg layers and Fm pea comb green/blue egg layers.
They breed true.
The Fm green/blue eggers also come in frizzled and naked neck.
And I've got the first single comb Fm frizzle naked neck chicks in the brooder.
They seem to be pretty laid back and mellow.
I'm just about to load up the incubator and if fertility looks good I'll be able to offer eggs : )

I am still interested in eggs or eggs front the "build a buzzard" project if you have that going still. I would be all about some buzzard chickens :)

If you offer eggs, I'll be first in line! I am having amazing success (hope I don't jinx it) with the frizzle naked necks in my incubator! 7/9 that you sent are going strong on day 9! The other two never developed at all. I started them with 11 other eggs (shipped almost the exact same distance, on the same truck, even!), and only 5 of those are still hanging in there.

Still going strong on the Fm Naked Neck Green-Egger (aka 'build-a-buzzard') project. Some of my favorite FmNNGE girls got loose and have been in an 'all hen' pen waiting to go back to their breeding pen.

That is awesome to hear, LittleChickSpy! Keep'em growing!

Back
Top Bottom