dirty jobs... mcmurray hatchery....sexing and vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I love this video...I never caught this episode and I love Dirty Jobs. I wonder which of us on this site those little chickies belonged to.
tongue.png

Quote:
The mist was for bronchitis, not Marek's disease. Earlier in that segment they showed the Marek's vaccination being done through the eggshell into the amniotic fluid.

I suspect they do it at that point because they vaccinate all their chicks, and it is not an optional service. That facility looked to be a commercial hatchery for big poultry producers.

Is it just me or was anyone else surprised at the amount of abuse those little peeps endured with seemingly no ill effects?

So, he says in the video that the chicks have to be vaccinated for Mareks in the first day of life. I've ordered chicks that will be delivered without being vaccinated. By the time I get them they will be 2-3 days old. Does that mean they can't be vaccinated for Mareks at all?

Quote:
How It's Made is a Canadian made show. Possibly they do things differently than some of the hatcheries here. Not all hatcheries mist with a live virus either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom