(Dis)Advantages to using battery powered chainsaws

Pics
Problem is, I think most of us really don't know how to "tune" a gas engine, let alone keep it running right, without bringing it into the repair shop periodically for tune-ups and maintenance. That costs big money for labor these days. The labor cost alone exceeds the value of many used gas machines.

My battery-operated tools never need that type of maintenance or tune-ups. I'll let you know if/when any of my battery motors dies on me. I have battery grass trimmers over 10 years old now and still running like new with a fresh battery. I used to have to replace a gas trimmer every 2-3 years because of carburetor problems and the cost of repair exceeded the value of the used machine. I look forward to replacing my gas engines as fast as I can with electric motors - when the performance equals or exceeds the gas engines.
I have a Stihl weed eater that I haven't been able to start in two years. It's hanging on the shed wall, a waste of space.

For years I ruined gas lawnmower and generator engines because I couldn't fix them (or would let them sit up gasoline in them.) I finally bought an electric lawn mower (corded).
I love it. The biggest problem is, people look away and wonder why I still have my "Man Card" (even DW). But hey, I was only a Diesel mechanic 2 years, I was an electrician for 20.
It can't cut high grass though and burns out the 'bridge rectifier'. That is easy to order and swap out. Cleaning a carbutator, not so much (for me.) :idunno

For years I ruined gas lawnmower and generator engines because I couldn't fix them (or would let them sit up gasoline in them.) I finally bought an electric lawn mower (corded).
I love it. The biggest problem is, people look away and wonder why I still have my "Man Card" (even DW). But hey, I was only a Diesel mechanic 2 years, I was an electrician for 20.
It can't cut high grass though and burns out the 'bridge rectifier'. That is easy to order and swap out. Cleaning a carbutator, not so much (for me.) :idunno
My dh doesn't know how to fix anything. However, he has been a good husband, provider, for over 40 years. He doesn't need a "Man Card", he dun good.

Back
Top Bottom