Disabled daughter needs heavy duty jogging stroller?

jruner

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
Challis, Idaho
Does anyone have a heavy duty jogging stroller especially an Axiom One or other push chair. My daughter is 9 and has mild Cerebral Palsy. She needs a stroller for long walks and medicaid is dragging its feet. If anyone knows of grants that would be great too. The stroller needs to hold a child over fifty pounds.

Thanks,

John Runer-Challis, Idaho

we ended up buying a Jeep jogging stroller, at Babies R us I think. It holds up to 50 pounds. The In step ones are nice too, but my son weighs 50 pounds and the design of the joggers I think make it very possible to accommodate more weight. My old regular stroller was hard to push as he got bigger but this one is a cinch. We dont qualify for any help in buying the special ones so this was the next best option.

by the way, check craigslist in your area too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and i have been checking craigslist and other resources it just hard to find one in Idaho. We live in a rural area with rough roads so we need the jogger style push chair. I am disabled myself so I can't just go buy a $900 dollar special needs stroller.

John Runer

Back
Top Bottom