Disabled rooster, soft stool

Valery_Etienne

In the Brooder
May 21, 2023
My disabled rooster (due to injury not Marek’s), Walter has had soft stool for about a week and half. He eats triple duty, dried meal worms, dried soldier fly larvae, the occasional banana, watermelon, peas, and scratch grains. I also recently gave him some treats I found at Walmart, pictured below. Also pictured below is Walter in his wheelchair, taken the day before yesterday, and two of his soft stools from today. I should also mention that it is summer in Hawaii so I’m also giving him vitmin pro in his water about twice a week. He is not exhibiting any other symptoms that I can tell. He does sleep a lot but he’s been that way since I got him. I am also not sure of his age as he is a rescue. I’ve had him for a little more than a month. Thanks in advance to any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_2203.jpeg
    IMG_2203.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5215.jpeg
    IMG_5215.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    928.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
What is the triple duty? Is that a balanced poultry feed?

I'd cut way way back on the treats and focus on him eating poultry feed. Make sure he's got grit to process foods.
It’s an all flock feed. I have a mixed flock so I use this. It’s comparable to flock raiser. So yes, it is a balanced poultry feed. I’ve bought him some grit and I’m holding off on the treats for now. Thank you 😊

Has he been dewormed already?

Too much protein and fat from the treats can lead to digestive issues, even more so as he is unable to move much and thus can't burn the excess energy.
Yes and I’m holding on the treats for now. I imagine I’ve been giving him too many meal worms. Going to try and right size the amount he gets since he doesn’t get exercise like the rest of my roos. Thank you for the advice 😊

Back
Top Bottom