Disappearing birds.....

Things have changed, no further losses to date :) but I am sure that I am still being visited at night. The live trap is failing, in that whatever it is digs under the trap and pulls out the bait, so version 4 will be built over the next few days. I've added a security light that covers the chicken coop and goat shed/compound (the rabbits have been moved into the goat shed, mainly in preparation for the coming winter) so far nothing has set the light off, except for the other night when a flapping tarpaulin created a bit of excitement until the cause was realised LOL.

In addition there is also a newcomer to the household, her name is Linda (that will change) she is a 4 yr old german shepherd cross, I collected her from the local dog pound last week, she's settled in well and is responding to training, the goats see her as something to terrorise, the chickens see another feed bowl to raid :) Barney is enjoying the company, it's nice to see two dogs running together.

I've set out a hide overlooking the coop and goat pound, spent a few nights in hope, but no joy just yet......I can live in hope :)

It is possible that it is an eagel, I know I have one flying around, but in my experience they don't take without leaving a mass of feathers and they certainly don't take geese, but I am not ruling out any possibility.

So, my problem hasn't been resolved, it's just in hiatus.... but updates will be forthcoming

Back
Top Bottom