Disappearing Chickens!!!

I'm ticked the owner of that chicken just video taped it. Doesn't deserve to own livestock. My guess by now not a single bird is left. MAN THAT MAKES ME MAD.

I've never had a problem with my guineas and my chickens being together. It's just the chickens randomly being gone....and the extra weird part is that we had a couple come back. Our coop is kinda close to our corn fields so something could of spooked them and they ran into the corn, but how would they find their way back after 2 days...something would've gotten them I would think. Seing as there is no place in a corn field to roost.

I had the same issue one night 14 from my flock just vanished. the next night my husband stayed up and watched,,,it was a pack . of coyotes. they snatch and grab and leave nothing behind. they carry off the hen and kill it later in a safe place. i was devistated and it tought me a lot. first there are websites that sell predator deterant like urine. i bought mt lion urine which is thr predator to a coyote and i havent seen one since. also i got a rooster. its only life mission is to fight to the death. they also protect against hawks and cats. find out what your area has and start trying different methods :)

I had a mink problem and put a radio in my barn playing 24hrs a day and let my geese stand guard around the barn at nite under a street style light. It's the best predator control for me, but every situation in different. Wild animals don't like noise like loud music. For this to go on in the day, I would think it would be a hawk, most ground predators strike at night. Good luck

x2You need a safe run for your birds in the daytime for at least a couple of weeks, and the current predator is gone. Hawks will move on if the buffet is closed, and your young birds will be larger too. I free range also, but have a covered run that's good for days when needed. They are only chickens; you need to protect them!!! Mary

x2You need a safe run for your birds in the daytime for at least a couple of weeks, and the current predator is gone. Hawks will move on if the buffet is closed, and your young birds will be larger too. I free range also, but have a covered run that's good for days when needed. They are only chickens; you need to protect them!!! Mary

Back
Top Bottom