Disappearing nine patch block swap

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Thanks Anna. I was fidgeting around with Microsoft Paint and my 9-patch I shared before...

[​IMG]

I ordered some green fabrics so the ones above that aren't so green will be. I will also be getting some transfer paper things for printing off my inkjet that I can iron onto my quilt. I wrote to each of my family members and invited them to send me something to "write" around the border.

I sure hope it turns out like what's in my head.

2. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    Lacy Blues, I think this is a great idea for your brother. I know he will really like it!

3. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    LacyBlues when in March will you be going?

4. I don't know yet.

I will be trying to get my blocks done ASAP. I have green fabric coming and I'm not sure when it will get here. Hopefully early next week at the latest.

I'm working on my incubator too.

I have too many things to do!

5. I just got off the phone with my brother. Right now, we have set a tentative date of March 20 for me to come down and pick him up. He lives an 8 hour drive from me. I want to bring him back here for about 3 weeks. His wife is an accountant and she is busy now. From mid-March until April 15 she will be completely swamped and I don't want him to have to be alone during this time in his life.

So, I guess I will try to get my blocks done and sent out. I want to have a quilt put together and completely finished for him by the 15th of March... don't want to be rushing to put on the finishing touches on the morning of the 20th!

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this quilt SUPER WARM for him? He is cold often and I want this to be the best, warmest quilt ever! I know the vellux blankets are super warm. Maybe if I got one and used it as batting material?

6. Ah! I just checked the tracking on my green fabric and it arrived in Reno this afternoon. I should have it either tomorrow or the next day and I can get going on this project.

[​IMG]

7. minniechicks

minniechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Phenix City, AL
    Lacy, have you thought about backing the quilt with flanel.

8. Nope, I hadn't but that's a good idea.

9. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    and getting real cotton for the batting, that would be so warm and soft with the flannel and cotton

10. minniechicks

minniechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Phenix City, AL
    Soft and snuggly:lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by