disappointing hatch rate

Scott Turner

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
Kentucky
I recently tried to do a dry incubating hatch in my Genesis incubator and was very disappointed with the results. In fact it was probably the worse hatch rate that I have had all year. I did put some water in the incubator to try and keep the humidity less than 40%. Should I have just not put any water in there at all? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Im sorry
hugs.gif
I usually do 40% humidity and so far i haven;t had over 50% hatches this way .... So im not sure how good that is. Did you turn three times a day ect ect?

Dry incubation does not work for everyone. Take it as a learning experience and go back to factory recommended settings. That's what I did and typically all eggs I put in the hatcher, end up hatching.
wink.png

Quote:
What do you mean by dry incubation? I don't understand this sentence: I did put some water in the incubator to try and keep the humidity less than 40%. What was the humidity level throughout your incubation and what was it for hatching?

Quote:
What do you mean by dry incubation? I don't understand this sentence: I did put some water in the incubator to try and keep the humidity less than 40%. What was the humidity level throughout your incubation and what was it for hatching?

dry incubation is incubation with lower than normal humidity. So he meant he added a little water to keep humidity around 40%

Back
Top Bottom