Disaster in the Brooder- Averted! a warning...

Marietta's Hidden Chicks :

I have my brooder set up - expecting chicks tomorrow or Wed- with a 250 red bulb, and can't get the temp over 90... Is this OK?

how old are they?​

Quote:
you get your chicks today
jumpy.gif
right??????

Last edited:
Quote:
I actually have such a thing that I am rebuilding. It was my father-in-laws that sat in a junk pile outside for about 30 years. Structorly its sound, but the electrics are shot. It is a tin hood that has a wafer type thermostat and an electric heating element. This is the best (only) pic I can find online of one similar.

12-03ncatSustainablePart3Fig4.jpg

Quote:
I actually have such a thing that I am rebuilding. It was my father-in-laws that sat in a junk pile outside for about 30 years. Structorly its sound, but the electrics are shot. It is a tin hood that has a wafer type thermostat and an electric heating element. This is the best (only) pic I can find online of one similar.

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/contents/12-03ncatSustainablePart3Fig4.jpg

THATS COOL!
thumbsup.gif

Yikes. So glad it was before the chicks arrived also. Great warning. I purchased a 250 infered bulb and was planning on adjustng it up to 3 feet off the brooder (29 gallon tote). Definitely going to try it out. I hate to use a regular bulb as that would light the coop 24/7, which I don't want.

Yeah I just put a regular light bulb in there and it's sitting at a toasty 75. I am worried about my girls being bothered by the constant light, but when I went to check on them last night they all ha their heads tucked user their wings and seemed just fine...

Back
Top Bottom