Disaster strikes!

Gizzard

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
Asheville, NC
I have 9 eggs in a homemade incubator. They are on day 14 and all are developing nicely. I woke up this morning, go to turn the eggs as usual, and they were cool to the touch! The light bulb had failed overnight. I turned the eggs before bed last night and they were fine. So they could have cooled for up to 8 hrs or so. I've warmed them back up, but am I wasting my time? Should I discard them and start a new batch? This is my first time incubating and thought things were going too smooth. Any wisdom would be appreciated.

the_eagle69

Songster
10 Years
Feb 1, 2009
Far SW VA
I would give thelm a few day and candel thelm and look for movement you are only 7 days out from hatch plus one day for the temp drop. You can still wait it out also i would give thelm a chance.

Tuffoldhen

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
WV
Most times they will be just fine, alittle late hatching maybe but don't give up on them..

Gizzard

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
Asheville, NC
Thanks. The eggs have warmed up, and I'll wait it out. I guess I'll start selecting some more eggs anyway. I wasnt very picky before and used a couple eggs I now know I shouldnt have. One was porous and one was small. Ahhh such a learning experience.

Top Bottom