Discoloured yellow drake! Need advice ASAP!! X

Crazy Quackers

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2022
Looking for advice please, we have an 8 month old drake who has recently started to have a tinge of yellow upon his feathers, we are first time duck owners so need some advice, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance..

I have pekin
Pekin cross and a silver Swedish that’s mostly white as well as a blue Swedish with a white neck and all of my white on my ducks have got yellow at some point
I never did figure it out and all of them are perfectly healthy
I was told a lot of corn can do this but I don’t use corn often
Once in a blue moon
This is the yellow on my blue Swedish
It went away and is pure white again

Attachments

• 81C5AD0F-ED58-4CF4-885F-D25B8B796819.png
    81C5AD0F-ED58-4CF4-885F-D25B8B796819.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Breed and colour of feathers?

If this is a white duck, then it may simply be an overproduction from the preening gland. My Magpie gets this all the time!

I secretly think she's trying to turn herself into a duckling again...

He is Pekin and has been all white up until the last couple of nights. Thank you for your reply 😊 made me laugh out loud! Xx

I have pekin

Pekin cross and a silver Swedish that’s mostly white as well as a blue Swedish with a white neck and all of my white on my ducks have got yellow at some point

I was told a lot of corn can do this but I don’t use corn toften

Once in a blue moon

Thank you for your reply! I have been introducing some corn so maybe might stop and see if that helps. Beautiful photo 😊

This is he yellow on my blue Swedish

I have pekin

I was told a lot of corn can do this but I don’t use corn often

Once in a blue moon

This is the yellow on my blue Swedish

I am not sure where you are but all 14 of mine stay out all night. They have a tarped pet gazebo, duck house with open door, pet enclosure with tarps around it but open door and a chicken house and dog house. Nothing is insulated really well and they all do just fine. I would be afraid that the extreme temperature change from inside to outside would be harder on them than leaving them out. They have all of that down underneath those feathers and some of mine were out all night at 14 below F. Good luck with yours. I have heard that feed can cause yellowing at times.

I am not sure where you are but all 14 of mine stay out all night. They have a tarped pet gazebo, duck house with open door, pet enclosure with tarps around it but open door and a chicken house and dog house. Nothing is insulated really well and they all do just fine. I would be afraid that the extreme temperature change from inside to outside would be harder on them than leaving them out. They have all of that down underneath those feathers and some of mine were out all night at 14 below F. Good luck with yours. I have heard that feed can cause yellowing at times.

Back
Top Bottom