Discount Chicks!!

shellybean40

Songster
13 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Boerne, TX
I just went to TSC to pick up a few supplies. My 6 year old spotted a tub with 9 pullets in it. I did not succumb to temptation, and drove home. When I told my 19 year old dd, she grabbed my keys and raced off to get them. The lady at TSC asked my dd, are you here to get chicks?? dd says "yes mam" and she said " you can have them all for 50cents a piece". AS my dd was checking out, a man came in and said " I want to clean you out of chicks" TOO LATE!!

I am not positive, but they look like Buff Orps to me. I will post pics later. Time to fix supper!!

Your dd is a genius!
tongue.png

She told my dd that they were a special order that was not picked up. I never know what to believe. They are less than a week old, judging by size. So sweet!

We took my granddaughter to Tractor supply to see the chicks and maybe get a few...We too got the 50 cent deal. Got 38 white leghorns. They told us cus they were older and starting to fly out of the bin. They R about 2 to 3 weeks old. Not sure the sex of these babies but one lady said she thought was all pullets, Just couldn't refuse the deal. Also got 7 silkies at normal price.

Quote:
I checked my two local tscs every week hoping for silkies or even polish. Not one. And you just happen to come accross 7 when out looking at discount chicks. Sigh. Lucky! *I'm jealous!*

Back
Top Bottom