BabsChickieNewB

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2024
I have 3 French (American) bresse hens that I bought as juveniles and enjoyed having so this year I jumped into chicks from tsc. Tsc makes you buy at least 4 so I got 1 cream legbar pullet (to be sure I got at least one female) and 3 feather footed bantams hoping for a silkie. My chicks are a week old now and I’ve actually done my research now and I have two (possibly frizzled) Cochins and a Mille fleur d’uccle.
My area only allows 6 chickens-no boys. I won’t know what the babies are for several weeks but it’s possible that they’re all boys. I’m curious if I should still look for a silkie (from a store that allows you to buy just one) to increase my chances of girls in my “chicken lottery”? I have a place for the boys to go if I do end up w boys. Should I wait? Should I risk it? With 4 for sure females and 3 unknowns? Am I overthinking this? 😅

If you are unsure about whether one of your chicks is male or female, post it here in the What Breed or Gender is this? fourm. We would be happy to give our thoughts. :)

Back
Top Bottom