disease in my rooster???

displalced

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
I have a rooster who was 2 March 17th this year. He don't have any respiratory symptoms or GI symptoms but just his neck is twisted and he don't feel good. I found him on the ground with his neck all twisted over and really looking peaked. The other hens were pecking him- had his comb raw in some places, some feathers off his head, and some of his tail with the part that goes over the fence last really red and missing some feathers. I am at my wits end. I have given him probiotics in his water, buttermilk force fed with some egg fed by syringe 2-3 times a day. He is standing up at times now but his neck is still twisted. His eyes are clear without matter no respiratory symptoms- no wheezing or gunky nose. I am tenderhearted and wish I could help do more than I am.

This is just a guess, but you might want to research Marek's disease.
X2. You might also look at wry neck.
And
welcome-byc.gif

for all the people who replied to me. Thank you so much. I took all replies to heart and tried different things. I gave my rooster some probiotics in his water along with yogurt for him to eat. Although he couldn't eat much I took a syringe and gave him buttermilk and added the polyvisol and vitamin E to this. I am happy to report that Henry is doing good. I gave him about 8 days worth of this. his neck is straight without him twisting it, his eyes are bright, and his appetite is good now. I was worried I should put him down because he didn't seem to get any better but after the 6th day he started perking up. Once again thank you so much for the assistance.
displaced

Back
Top Bottom