Disease passing on?

Chickens :)

Songster
Feb 2, 2018
Australia
Hi there. Recently I have noticed my hens are all sneezing a bit. I am going to give them some medicine to help with that. The problem is, I am collecting eggs from one of the hens. My question is will a respiratory illness pass onto the eggs I am hatching. I won’t be giving my chickens any medicine until I have finished collecting eggs (in around 5 days) as to make sure the chicks aren’t affected.

Thanks

What medicine and what is the diagnosis?

There are few diseases that pass vertically from hen through egg but without knowing what the malady is, there is no way to know.

They are just sneezing a bit so only a mild respiratory disease. I have been talking to other breeders around the area who are also having the same problem. They believe it is because we have had many bush fires, dust storms and really high winds accompanied by sudden temperature changes. The medicine is oxymav b.

The only diseases that pass vertically from hen to chick through hatching eggs are colibacillosis, epidemic tremor, egg drop syndrome, infectious anemia, infectious stunting syndrome, infectious synovitis, lymphoid sarcoma, pseudomonas, rotaviral enteritis, runting syndrome, salmonellosis and viral arthritis

The only diseases that pass vertically from hen to chick through hatching eggs are colibacillosis, epidemic tremor, egg drop syndrome, infectious anemia, infectious stunting syndrome, infectious synovitis, lymphoid sarcoma, pseudomonas, rotaviral enteritis, runting syndrome, salmonellosis and viral arthritis
You forgot this:
Screenshot_20190920-081156.png

Thanks for all the help. I will be hatching these eggs. I won’t be giving any of the oxymav b to them either as one of the poultry breeders down the road has the same issue caused by the weather

Back
Top Bottom