Disguised Chicken Tractor

GrowingFarmish

In the Brooder
Nov 11, 2022
Bradenton, Florida
So we’re not “supposed” to have chickens. Our HOA is equestrian only. But we have them hidden behind our barn and our neighbors don’t seem to mind and they know they are there. We back up to woods and a road behind it so just the couple neighbors would even see/hear.

But we now have 18 chickens and pulling weeds for them and the goats (shhhh I know I know also not a horse) is getting to be a lot. Plus I’m sure they’d like some bugs…

So I’ve debated a camoflauged chicken tractor. Has anyone done this before? We have kids so I could make it look either military/hidden or like a kid play thing… but I obvi have kids so it would need to be somewhat climbable…

Any ideas? I debated just a kids house with chicken wire covering the openings and wheels on the one side to tilt and drag… but then there’s no sun. But there’s bugs!

Any other ideas?

yes. rehome your chickens before you get caught and are forced to do so.

or, appeal to the HOA board and work to have the rules changed so you’re allowed to keep chickens.
And we are on a committee to change it. But nothing is fast. Just was looking for ideas to get them more than what they have ;)

Worse to worse they tell us to rehome them and we deal with that then.

I recently moved and had to give up my chickens. Looking at getting into it again and worry about the neighbors. Although, one house we looked at buying had covenants that allowed for ONE HOOFED animal. I told my wife if we bought I figured I could always threaten the chicken complainers that if they cried about chickens I would buy a water buffalo.
Read carefully, but with 7 acres I would bet wild birds are more noticeable than your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom