Dixie Chicks

@CanuckBock brilliant post as ever! The more structures I want the more tools hubby seems to get. He calls it a win/win situation. All I can say is ok, because I do want a barn. haha
I will forward all the info to hubby, he'll be a busy man soon and I'll post pictures as we built.

My ducks will require a fairly large pasture, and i am debating on covering it too. Daytime thread is eagles. They will just fly off with a whole chicken in their talons. Yesterday I spent a significant amount of time looking up commercial fishing nets, it's a much more affordable option then any kind of wire.
Will it hold up, I sure hope (think?) so. After all, if a shark can get caught in one, I'd think it'll keep an eagle away from my ducks and chickens.

My last day sitting at this desk/computer.
wee.gif
Freedom, I can almost see you!!!

Quote:
My pens look like ponds thanks to that storm.

And 4 wheel drive.
I could drive over a prius
Or a smart car.

@Sally Sunshine I'm doing pretty good. Not a whole lot to complain about.

Here are the chicks I hatched. Mutts galore! I'm getting better pics of them when I move them to the brooder a little later.

these hatched overnight, really dirty eggs too!
mutts are awesome and can end up being the most beautiful chickens too!! but you know that!!

Great hatch threw one egg out!!! 8 more in the bator two hatched 6 pips waiting!

DIRTY EGG QUICK HATCH!!! so many at once the cooler was soaked!!
noisy lil bustards too!!! listen when I threw in the brooder!!
0.jpg

:lau   sweet!!! what humidity you gonna run the first 7?  

I have no way to gage humidity, except by air cells. Bator is a little Brinsea Eco octagon. We have wood heat so both channels full. I'm a pretty hands on hatcher, my best hatch was the one I messed with the most so I'm going to do that again lol... Lots of candling, and egg shuffling..
This is my fourth hatch, 3rd with chickens. Ducks I had the best results with 8 of 9 hatched. One assisted because I got too handsie...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom