Dixie Chicks

yeh

Well I was moving someone I knew who was SAID everything was packed

Not a DERN thing was packed!!

Ended up packing the whole house and not getting where we needed to go until 4 AM

When I realized it I told them to go down there and get the dern keys

Didnt do it!

I was in the other county when i was told it wasnt done!

I called the place and they said the truck had left already

I was Farkin PO'd!

I tried to file a lost/stolen weapons report but couldnt remember if it was in fact left on the truck or somewhere else, at the time.

Still cant believe i left it there!

Deputys told me they cant file a report unless they are at the place it was lost/stolen.

NOT the first time they have been less than helpful.

I have been losing sleep over this for AWHILE now, blaming myself if someone got hurt!

Now i am freaking out and have no farking idea if i should call this detective back or not!

X2 on what Deb said... just let him know exactly what happened... chit happens, should understand that... :hugs

@LocalYokel I know nothing about Canadian gun laws. Heck I barely know ours, they change them every time we get a new governor. I think they want us to go back to flintlock muskets, and then outlaw flint.
My brother in law sold a highpoint 9mm rifle many yrs ago that he bought new so there was a record of it to him. He got a phone call a few yrs ago that it was used in a crime. It never went any further than that phonecall.

Last edited:
@LocalYokel I know nothing about Canadian gun laws. Heck I barely know ours, they change them every time we get a new governor. I think they want us to go back to flintlock muskets, and then outlaw flint.
My brother in law sold a highpoint 9mm rifle many yrs ago that he bought new so there was a record of it to him. He got a phone call a few yrs ago that it was used in a crime. It never went any further than that phonecall.

Thanks Beer can
hugs.gif

Quote: How stinkin adorable!!! love the colors!! I breed english springer spaniels btw.

Ha...little known sport that yells to be discovered for what is really going on in them thar HUTs, eh!!

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada
hmmm there seems to be a few colors missing.....
Eh, I lost all my replies while I was gone. The rabbit, the Dom hen, and 2 of the silkies are gone. Turns out I had 3 silkie roos. One of them decided to crow this morning and it was the weirdest thing. I guess I'll have to get used to that crow!

v
cool silkie colors!

Quote:

Accidentally left one on a moving truck a coupla years ago, I had been up for a day and a half. I was very tired.

Detective from Nova Scotia called and said they found it

IDK if they want to prosecute me or what?

call him back dont BS him. Tell him exactly what you tried to do and how long the gun was out of your possession.

This is the PDF about bringing guns into Canada. From Taras Link

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5044-eng.pdf

I suspect since you didnt accompany it they just want to find out if it was stolen.

deb "I apologize about my smart... comment"
awwww deb, you need to send me your cell number so I can tattoo it on my wrist so I can remember it when they throw me into the iron city.

yeh

Well I was moving someone I knew who was SAID everything was packed

Not a DERN thing was packed!!

Ended up packing the whole house and not getting where we needed to go until 4 AM

When I realized it I told them to go down there and get the dern keys

Didnt do it!

I was in the other county when i was told it wasnt done!

I called the place and they said the truck had left already

I was Farkin PO'd!

I tried to file a lost/stolen weapons report but couldnt remember if it was in fact left on the truck or somewhere else, at the time.

Still cant believe i left it there!

Deputys told me they cant file a report unless they are at the place it was lost/stolen.

NOT the first time they have been less than helpful.

I have been losing sleep over this for AWHILE now, blaming myself if someone got hurt!

Now i am freaking out and have no farking idea if i should call this detective back or not!

Not getting the whole picture of why if you reside in the USA as to how you left a firearm on the Canadian side ? Dual citizenship ?? Was the firearm registered ? brought in legally if brought in ?? You stated that you tried to report it lost/stolen and the report to my understanding was not taken ? which seems strange in itself , but stranger things have happened . I would call the detective to confirm your side of your story , shows that it was a honest error and you are being cooperative . I know that bringing a restricted firearm is very difficult never mind a long arm ............

Not getting the whole picture of why if you reside in the USA as to how you left a firearm on the Canadian side ? Dual citizenship ?? Was the firearm registered ? brought in legally if brought in ??  You stated that you tried to report it lost/stolen and the report to my understanding was not taken ? which seems strange in itself , but stranger things have happened . I would call the detective to confirm your side of your story , shows that it was a honest error and you are being cooperative . I know that bringing a restricted firearm is very difficult never mind a long arm ............  

It was accidentally left in a moving truck... truck ended up in Canada and it was found/turned or whatever... detective in Nova Scotia has it...

It was accidentally left in a moving truck... truck ended up in Canada and it was found/turned or whatever... detective in Nova Scotia has it...
In that case the moving company will be in any hot water as the vehicle should have been inspected prior to crossing international borders . Not sure about the carrying laws in the USA ? but assuming that we are talking about a side arm here ? in Canada in order to transfer any side arm it has to be in a locked case and can only be carried to and from a licenced firing range , a record is also supposed to be kept of any movement , the laws here are not as liberal as in the USA in that regard .As was mentioned I'd call the detective back , explain the situation and let them pursue the owner of said vehicle , plus more then likely the border that was crossed will also be in question , I can't see you getting in any trouble ? but these days and the leadership in charge in Canada ?

Back
Top Bottom