Dixie Chicks

Looks like they sent me a random assortment of the eggs they hatch and not just what they offer for hatching eggs from specific breeds. The white Marans from a sucky colored egg is in fact a white Marans from a sucky colored egg. It has two little bits of fluff on one leg.

I still mostly have no idea what I have. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow when I clean the brooder.

I got a packing peanut from Cackle with my naked necks that ended up being a beautiful Barnvelder. Was so hoping it was a pullet...wasn't.
You never know what they'll send I guess, rare and expensive don't mean much if they have more than they need and want to get rid of them for a few $

I got a packing peanut from Cackle with my naked necks that ended up being a beautiful Barnvelder. Was so hoping it was a pullet...wasn't.
You never know what they'll send I guess, rare and expensive don't mean much if they have more than they need and want to get rid of them for a few $

All of those barnevelders are double laced right?

That is a fancy looking feather pattern.

All of those barnevelders are double laced right?

That is a fancy looking feather pattern.

Perty lacing, the rooster not so much as the hens. I was hoping at first it was a dark Cornish I could have used for crossing with the naked necks, the dc' s also have double lacing like the barnvelders. When I realized it was a straight comb it wasn't a dc, was hoping for a pullet until the darker wing and neck feathers came out and it started crowing...

Back
Top Bottom