DIY automatic duck waterer HELP!

valgirl1984

Hatching
Mar 19, 2015
Hi all!

Currently I have 6 khaki campbell ducks. They are about 8 weeks old. I'm looking for ideas on an automatic watering system. Can I use the poultry cups on the bottom of a bucket? They have a kiddie pool in their pen so they can wash themselves there if needed. Looking for something cheap and easy that will last a few days while we are out of town. And that can be used by collecting rain water. I can't have a garden hose on all the time as I have well water and it will ruin my pump. Please HELP!

Due to the number of things that can go wrong with a flock in the blink of an eye, my solution would be to find someone to care for the ducks in your absence. Really. If you set something up, but it fails for some weird reason - what you would return to could be awful.

Well automatic duck feeders and waterers are sold at just about every feed store. They only cost about 4 bucks a piece on average. However if you can't seem to find one or can't afford it please don't try and make shift something. Anything make shift like stat can fail very easily, trust me I've seen people try it before and it wasn't pretty!!

Back
Top Bottom