DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

These eggs were in the new bator a week before hatch! so far so good!

We have 3 Lavs and a female CCL out!!

and the serama are popping out like popcorn several more to go!
Always a wonderful hatch from Harmonys eggies!!
only the larger eggs were in the new cooler, the tiny ones fell through egg tray. they are the last hatching so the new cooler was run a tad warmer than the reg coolerbator.

The next batch from the new cabinet cooler is due for lockdown Sunday!

I'm working on a hatcher and planning to use an aquarium with insulation around the outside (I can't help it, I like to watch). Got an STC as the thermostat and can rig up a 12v computer fan easily, but I need a reliable heater that doesn't upset the chicks by blinking rapidly (I believe it wear out light bulbs faster too). I'm thinking about this option. Looks easy to implement and cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271122790912

Anyone ever used this before?
i use them routinely

They are great. mine are about 50mm and fit perfectly in front of an 80mm case fan

Serama are all hatched and just put in brooder, two never positioned to pip and Dead in shell

Just moved the majority of the hatch over to brooder. have a bunch remaining with pips and I did a quick candle of the no pips and looks like 4 are dead in shell after draw down :(

Candled all eggs remaining in the cabinet bator, most of Harmonys Silkies she won are clears, I left four eggs in but they dont look good at all, nasty air cells and very odd embryos, she is a tad upset about the silkies but there are plenty of serama anyways!

Sally your a champ.
highfive.gif

Sorry about the dead ones though. :(

Quote: I had a whole batch of Faverolles die, they were all fertile too.
sad.png

Hey, on a happier note, I might be getting a cooler tonight from a thrift store so I think I'll try and make a cooler incubator, if you are okay with me stealing your invention.

sad.png

Hey, on a happier note, I might be getting a cooler tonight from a thrift store so I think I'll try and make a cooler incubator, if you are okay with me stealing your invention.
awesome! cant wait to see it! I love the cooler incubators and this one just puts it over the top.... love love love

sad.png

awesome! cant wait to see it! I love the cooler incubators and this one just puts it over the top.... love love love
I don't know how it will turn out though... Oh well, I'll just do my best. :)

sad.png

I don't know how it will turn out though... Oh well, I'll just do my best. :)
its not difficult, just think out how your fan will blow on the light bulbs and keep the lights up but not high enough to melt the top, place the fan so it blows the heat from the bulbs but try to place it so it blows the bottom of the bulbs so you dont have too bad of hot spots under the lights. if you place the fan even with the lights you will get hotter like two degrees under those lights. and wire over your fan so you dont scalp chicks..... I havent killed any yet with the fans!!
sickbyc.gif

Hatch complete, added aprox 50 eggs into the bator this morning.....

I will need to get a small tray for serama at some point. and a larger one as some of the CCL are a tad too large and I dont want rollers!

I have orders for big lots of brahma in the next few weeks, pray the hens give us what we need and I think we need to build another bator like this to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom