DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

Quote: I had a whole batch of Faverolles die, they were all fertile too.
sad.png

Hey, on a happier note, I might be getting a cooler tonight from a thrift store so I think I'll try and make a cooler incubator, if you are okay with me stealing your invention.
awesome! cant wait to see it! I love the cooler incubators and this one just puts it over the top.... love love love
I don't know how it will turn out though... Oh well, I'll just do my best. :)
its not difficult, just think out how your fan will blow on the light bulbs and keep the lights up but not high enough to melt the top, place the fan so it blows the heat from the bulbs but try to place it so it blows the bottom of the bulbs so you dont have too bad of hot spots under the lights. if you place the fan even with the lights you will get hotter like two degrees under those lights. and wire over your fan so you dont scalp chicks..... I havent killed any yet with the fans!!
sickbyc.gif

Okay we'll see how I do.
pop.gif

Hatch complete, added aprox 50 eggs into the bator this morning.....

I will need to get a small tray for serama at some point. and a larger one as some of the CCL are a tad too large and I dont want rollers!

I have orders for big lots of brahma in the next few weeks, pray the hens give us what we need and I think we need to build another bator like this to keep up.
Wow, that's a lot! Are you keeping all the chicks you get?

No we are not, almost everything in there has an order on it, except the blue salmon favs, DH chose them and we will keep a few girls to add to our layer pen. He wants a few of the Lavs I just hatched as well. I told him he better build a bigger layer coop!!

No we are not, almost everything in there has an order on it, except the blue salmon favs, DH chose them and we will keep a few girls to add to our layer pen. He wants a few of the Lavs I just hatched as well. I told him he better build a bigger layer coop!!
So this is for your business. That's awesome.

There are loads of people on here that do a big hatch and then build a big new coop. I love it!
yippiechickie.gif

issue is not width per say, I have one ccl hens eggs that dont fit in the little plastic nubs, it just balances on them and I dont want to jam the eggs in there either. I can always set hers in a dif cooler, just a pain to do so.
there are the plastic trays for duck eggs that hold 20 instead of 30 (or 48 with your trays)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231036681291?lpid=82

they will cut down capacity though.

i only pull them out if i have to

Quote: awesome thanks! I think I could set one of those on the bottom shelf too, even cut it in half!

I moved the thermos around today and double checked temps all around, looks like I can add a few big eggs on the lower shelf and just hand turn in one of those things, thank you!

A quick note:

At candle Wed. for the eggs that are due to head to lockdown on sunday.... DEFINITELY do not need any water added in the pan in this cabinet cooler, in fact I will candle again tomorrow and I may open the top two vent holes in addition to the side ones, (I added the top ones just in case I want to hatch in it.) as air cells are looking too small so weight loss is not on track, need less humidity.

Back
Top Bottom