****** DIY chicken feeder pipe! ******

Pics
I'd probably use a Y connector instead of the T to make sure the feed is gravity feed down? I'm not sure 2 45s would work. Hopefully someone else has actually tried it

Yes we contemplated that style too, but I wanted to have two feeder spots on one pipe. Someone several pages back posted one like this and used 45's. We will test it out and switch things up if need be ;)

Last edited:
I wanted to say that I thought this was a great idea but like you the chickens (or something) took ALL of the food out the feeder and it was all over the yard. Its a great feeder but I need to stop that from happening. What is the best way to do this? I used 4" PVC pipe for mine. You think just raising it higher will work? Also I think that something at night might have done it too because one morning I went out there and the feed was everywhere and the tube empty. My wife suggested putting a cap on it at night.

Lets say I elect not to use the PVC pipe because really I can't keep losing the feed. What is the preferred feeder? Appreciate the advice. BTW I have 13 hens and the two 4" PVC pipe feeders.

Made one also But does not work well used 3inch and it does not work well. Have to pull feed out in the holes with fingers. Put on an angle , but still do self feed.. Its a good Idea because there is no waste .Have to try something else

Three 3" feeders with 45 degree "T"s Added 2" extenders to the 45 degree "T"s to stop flingers. (not in picture above) Works flawlessly.
Yes is think I'm going to go with this design. Mine isn't working. I'm Having to pull my feed out by hand

I wanted to say that I thought this was a great idea but like you the chickens (or something) took ALL of the food out the feeder and it was all over the yard. Its a great feeder but I need to stop that from happening. What is the best way to do this? I used 4" PVC pipe for mine. You think just raising it higher will work? Also I think that something at night might have done it too because one morning I went out there and the feed was everywhere and the tube empty. My wife suggested putting a cap on it at night.

Lets say I elect not to use the PVC pipe because really I can't keep losing the feed. What is the preferred feeder? Appreciate the advice. BTW I have 13 hens and the two 4" PVC pipe feeders.

I cap mine at night

Ill try that - adding the two inch extender. Hate to waste the feeder. I think they like eating out of the pipe feeder. I have 13 hens and have one on each side of the coup.

Back
Top Bottom