****** DIY chicken feeder pipe! ******

Pics
Trina I only had this problem when my chicks were little. Now that they are more adult size they peck with such vigor that I never have to manually knock the feed loose.
smile.png
That is the idea behind it:) The more they peck, the more the feed drops! Good observation!

Mat,

We have the PVC feeder with a 65 degree angle. The feed is getting stuck in the bend of the tube. Do you think we should try a 90 degree bend?

To my way of thinking I would be trying a 45deg bend rather than 90 because as I see it I can't see gravity alone feeding that length of feeder tube with the cutouts, then again I may be wrong?
smile.png

Cheers,
John

Mat,

I took some pictures so you can see our set up.

I use a 90 and I had an issue one time in two years. I would also add that the issue came from me leaning the pipe as you are here in your photo's. Make sure the pipe is centered and you can try a 90. You want them to be able to peak at the feed in the elbow. That seems to make sure things stay flowing:)

My husband and I made one of these for my coop that holds 16 chickens. It works really well. I did not need to glue anything together because it was all tight anyway. I want to make one for my other coop that holds only 2 chickens but I will change the bottom so it has a Y joint at the bottom, since it is only feeding 2 I do not need one that is as large. I found the Y joint feeder on pinterest.

My husband and I made one of these for my coop that holds 16 chickens. It works really well. I did not need to glue anything together because it was all tight anyway. I want to make one for my other coop that holds only 2 chickens but I will change the bottom so it has a Y joint at the bottom, since it is only feeding 2 I do not need one that is as large. I found the Y joint feeder on pinterest.

Sweet!! I am happy it worked out for you:)

Back
Top Bottom